Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thursday - time flying by

I can't believe the week has almost gone! Seems like it's flown by. This weekend is a holiday weekend here in the US too. I think it's one of the few the US and England share. Over here it is Memorial Day on Monday. We're off camping for the weekend. Our first time out this year with tents and up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for dry weather - they keep changing the forecast.

Mum got good news on Tuesday. She had another scan and appointment. It's always a little worrying when this time comes around. She saw the Oncologist on Tuesday and everything is good!!!!! She doesn't have to go back for a whole year!!! Usually it's six months so we're really pleased. Mum is really relieved. Now we can look forward to our holidays and me visiting! I can't believe I fly in 5 weeks. We have two camping trips (one for a week) between now and then.

I've been trying to get out and walk everyday. It's beginning to look particularly beautiful down by Asylum Lake. All the wildflowers are starting to pop. The woods are beginning to lose their dull brown hue and the woodland floor is covered by growing greenery.




I can't wait to take photos in the U.P. From our campsite you can see the Mackinac Bridge. I'm hoping to at least see some sort of sunset.

I'm doing quite well with my this-week list. I'm sticking to the food list. It's warming up now so time to do less cooking - or prepare things earlier in the day. My 100 Days of All About Me book is coming along quite nicely. I'm thinking I might get caught up next week!

I hope everyone is having a good week!

4 comments:

  1. Sharon, that is such wonderful news about your Mum! I am so happy for her and you!

    Your photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to read your good news.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased about your Mum's news.
    I'm kinda glad this week has gone fairly quickly as I have Ruby coming to stay for the weekend....just hope that doesn't go as quickly as the week has.
    Enjoy your holiday weekend.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cancer has visited many members of my family. Our daughter had bladder cancer at 11. She is now 24, vibrant, productive and living a happy healthy life (thank you Jesus). Glad your mom had good news! I love the UP! Porcupine Mountains are wonderful! Lake of the Clouds - look those up for a future visit, all that would make great backdrops for your talent. I can't wait to see your pictures. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.