Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Thursday

Yesterday I got to go out to lunch with my friend. I haven't seen her for a while so it was nice to get out and eat and chat. I didn't end up getting a lot else done yesterday. I went for a walk before I met her, called Mum when I got back and by then hubby was home and the day was almost over!

I popped down to the library today. Big mistake. Some of the roads downtown were still closed because of the flooding and I couldn't find my way there! I had to end up pulling over and putting Maps on my phone so I could be directed. Phew. I was pretty good and only came away with three books for a total of $6.36. I could have bought more but I'm trying to be good.

Outside today the birds were flocking to the birdfeeder. I think because there was a little sun they were all out and about. There was a little puddle on the ground where they were jumping into and splashing about too. It was funny to watch. I probably spent more time than I should have watching birds. I did manage to at least get the bathroom clean and have dinner ready to pop in the oven by the time hubby got home. I ended up making a Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta dinner. Hubby loved it. It did make a lot though so next time I'll have to half the recipe. I haven't done a menu this week so now I've got to figure out what to cook tomorrow.


Not sure what type of bird this is but it was really colourful. So beautiful to look at. 

5 comments:

  1. We get flooding a lot here in WA state and deal with detours and mudslides and salmon swimming across roads from flooded rivers. It's scary, I know. Hang in there - I do hope spring is coming soon. The bird is gorgeous - I think it is a starling. x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the bird was a Starling too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to find your way to the library, after all! I guess they were having a sale? That bird is very pretty! Looks like it is surveying the garden!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.